Man collapses and dies outside wines and spirits shop in Donholm, Nairobi
By Boniface Okendo | April 27th 2021
A youthful man collapsed and died on Monday outside a wines and spirits shop in Donholm, Nairobi in unclear circumstances.
Witnesses told The Standard that the unidentified man had entered Jawa Wines and Spirits at 9am. It is unclear whether he ordered alcoholic drinks, or not.
At around 1pm, while outside the liquor store, he collapsed.
When police arrived at the scene, he was confirmed dead.
Health officers dressed in personal protective equipment fumigated the body before it was loaded onto a police van and taken to a Nairobi morgue.
The cause of the man’s death remains unclear. However, speculation was rife among onlookers that he might have succumbed to Covid-19 complications.
The Standard reached Buruburu OCPD, Adamson Bungei, for comment, but he said he was in a meeting and would get back after two minutes.
Our subsequent communication to him went unanswered.
Additional reporting by Winfrey Owino
Covid 19 Time Series
Kalonzo surprises himself by taking firm stand on 2022
By Peter Kimani
- Zambia's founding president Kenneth Kaunda dies aged 97
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth
- Senior police officer’s daughter crushed to death by two matatus
- I haven’t asked for your support, Raila to Kalonzo
- 'Awesome to behold, famously unsentimental, Kirubi took no prisoners’
By John Ngumi