A fire has brought down an entire section of a market in Ngara after ravaging the area through the night.
The fire started at around 7pm on Sunday and is said to have been caused by a fault in electric wires.
The disaster has left many business people with nothing from what was once their promising business and livelihood source.
Nairobi firefighters finally put out the fire early Monday morning after hours of fighting and controlling it not to spread to residential areas nearby.
As of Monday morning, the picture at the scene was that of business persons attempting to salvage the little they could find among the charred remains of iron sheets and ash.
“When I got to my shop, I found everything had burned to the ground, there was nothing we could save,” said Njoroge, speaking to KTN News.
Janet kado explains her pain after losing her business worth Sh 500,000 when she says her children need money the most.
“It’s from this business that I’ve raised my children and paid their school fees. With the pandemic in the picture I even fear for the young men who got their livelihoods from this market,” said Kado.
In 2014, a similar incident took place, leading to millions in losses and locals unsure of how to rise from their fallen businesses' ashes.
The latest inferno at Ngara presents an even grimmer picture of the future as the pandemic looms over the world and destabilises incomes.
Fortunately, no one lost his life in the incident.