Several workers trapped in collapsed building in central Nairobi
By C Ombati
| January 14th 2014
By CYRUS OMBATI
NAIROBI: An unknown number of workers have been trapped after a building being demolished near Tea Room Hotel between Accra and Dubois Roads, Nairobi collapsed.
Police say the owners plan to construct another house and had placed workers to bring down the older building when a section of it caved in trapping unknown number of workers.
Police say so far three of the workers have been rescued with injuries and rushed to hospital.
Emergency service providers are at the scene of the incident trying to rescue those trapped following the incident that occurred a few minutes before 1pm Tuesday.
Fraud case against Waiganjo fails to proceedA case in which an alleged police imposter is charged with fraud failed to proceed in Nyeri on Tuesday as he was said to be admitted at Naivasha District Hospital.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Sossion’s vehicle stoned in Bomet Town
- Vehicles destroyed during protests as Ruto tours Busia
- Woman missing for over one week found dead in her house
By Daniel Chege
- Agnes Tirop final journey: Athletes bring Eldoret to a standstill
- In disguise, Governor Njuki finds out a few truths about Chuka Referral Hospital
- Philip Murgor in the limelight again