Sh7 million grant for supply of water in Murang'a
By Boniface Gikandi | April 14th 2021
A water treatment plant that was shut seven years ago has been revived to supply clean water to the residents of lower Kiharu Constituency in Murang’a.
The revival of the Kayahwe water supply by Murang’a Water and Sanitation Company (Muwasco) follows the Sh7 million grant by the government to support an initiative to curb Covid-19 spread.
Muwasco Managing Director Daniel Ng’ang’a said the grant will facilitate the expansion of the distribution network to improve sanitation.
At the same time, Muwasco decried the rising number of illegal connections which the MD said they are working with community leaders to end.
“To deal with the problem we have come up with a strategy similar to Nyumba Kumi initiative that has assisted to bring down the illegal connections.”
Suspended SDA students record exemplary performance in KCSE
By Nikko Tanui
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police William Sing’oei found dead
By Kamore Maina
- How Wajir governor’s wife took over running of county
- BBI Bill sails through in Senate
- Speaker Lusaka on removed Senator Mwaura’s BBI vote
- They reported for Term 3 but found other people in their classrooms