Man, wife, 1-year-old daughter involved in crash on Namanga-Kajiado Rd
By Peterson Githaiga | April 10th 2021
A man, his wife and their 1-year-old daughter survived a crash after a private vehicle they were travelling in hurtled off the Kajiado-Namanga Road on Saturday morning.
The trio was heading to Kajiado Town from Kitengela, when the accident occurred at Isinya area, near Umma University at 8am.
Police say the saloon car driver, who is the family patriarch, miscalculated his timing when attempting to overtake another vehicle. On realising a lorry was fast approaching from the opposite direction, and the looming head-on collision could be fatal, the driver swerved to the right, but rolled over and landed in a ditch.
The driver sustained serious injuries, whereas his wife and child escaped with bruises.
The family was taken to Kajiado County Referral Hospital, where they are receiving emergency care.
The mangled wreckage of the family car was towed to Isinya Police Station.
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Share dossier on six judges with the public, Raila tells Uhuru
- Pain as families seek help to trace kin's bodies in the Gulf
- Form 2 student among suspects arrested over Southern Bypass robberies
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Sauti Sol’s Bien and wife deny open relationship talk