Two students killed in Kericho accident
By Nikko Tanui | March 28th 2021
Two university students are dead and seven other people injured after a grisly crash along the Kericho-Nakuru highway.
The crash, which involved a Toyota Wish and a petroleum tanker, happened at around 6pm on Sunday, March 28, near Chepseon trading center.
Kericho County Police Commander Silas Gichunge said the driver of the Wish was trying to overtake the tanker.
“The Wish was being driven from Nakuru towards Kericho. The driver was trying to overtake a petroleum tanker but noticed an incoming vehicle and tried to swerve back. The tanker plowed into it," said Gichunge.
The bodies of the deceased were moved to Kericho County Hospital mortuary. Crash survivors are also receiving treatment at the hospital.
The students were reportedly headed home after President Uhuru Kenyatta suspended in-person learning.
Businessman’s car torched after woman he was allegedly dating found dead
- Raila's change of tack that has seen Nyanza reap benefits
- Court summons Matiang’i, Kinoti and Mutyambai
By Kamore Maina
- City carjacking: DCI warn drivers over gang stealing vehicle parts
- Couple, their three children die in morning crash
By Robert Menza
- Southern Bypass crash: Ngugi, a man of the people
By Mate Tongola