Massive traffic jam in Salgaa as motorists rush to beat lockdown
By Kennedy Gachuhi | March 28th 2021
There is heavy traffic at Salgaa along the Nakuru-Eldoret Highway as indiscipline among motorists causes gridlock.
The traffic jam spanning for kilometers between Nakuru Teachers College and Migaa area started around 2pm.
Police have moved to the stretch even as more vehicles continue to chrome the highway while other motorists have resorted to using feeder roads into Rongai toward the Kabarak-Nakuru road.
The highway has today recorded a high number of vehicles as Kenyans move into and out of five locked-up counties whose lockdown will take effect at 8pm this evening.
Nakuru is among the five counties that have been placed under collective lockdown following a surge in Covid-19 infections.
Family, church mourn family of five killed in car accident
- IG orders probe into sexual harassment claim after female cop's viral clip
- Police arrest five terror suspects in Kisumu
By Lucas Barasa
- KDF officers arrested for assaulting cops enforcing curfew rules
- Kaizen: The Japanese business philosophy taking root in Kenyan firms
MONEY & CAREERS
- 'Political enemies using Otiende’s removal to cause division in ODM'
By James Omoro