In Pictures: Kenya receives first consignment of Covid-19 vaccines
By Vincent Kejitan | March 3rd 2021
Kenya received the first consignment of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines on Wednesday morning. The 1.02 million units were received by Health CS Mutahi Kagwe who was accompanied by Transport CS James Macharia, Health PS Susan Mochache and WHO Representative in Kenya, Dr. Rudi Eggers among others.
Described as a game-changer in the fight against Covid-19 in the country, the vaccine, transported by UNICEF as part of the COVAX initiative, will be first administered to frontline health workers and those at risk.
Covid 19 Time Series
Justice Nduma Nderi: What I will do when I become CJ
- Bad blood among Koinange kin derails 40-year-old succession battle
- Man fights for right to raise his daughter aged three
- Family of KDF man killed cries for justice
By Mike Ekutan
- How the Rwathia boys carved own corner at Nairobi bourse
- Lake swells, homes flooded, people move