In Pictures: Kenya receives first consignment of Covid-19 vaccines
By Vincent Kejitan | March 3rd 2021
Kenya received the first consignment of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines on Wednesday morning. The 1.02 million units were received by Health CS Mutahi Kagwe who was accompanied by Transport CS James Macharia, Health PS Susan Mochache and WHO Representative in Kenya, Dr. Rudi Eggers among others.
Described as a game-changer in the fight against Covid-19 in the country, the vaccine, transported by UNICEF as part of the COVAX initiative, will be first administered to frontline health workers and those at risk.
Covid 19 Time Series
Rejected at birth: Curse of being born out of incest
- Fresh scheme to kick out Chebukati ahead of 2022
- Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- Search for CJ: Justice Nduma Mathews Nderi interviewed by JSC
- Motorists trying to beat Covid curfew stuck in Thika Road traffic, again
- Parents’ hopes and fears as they eye slots in national schools