Former minister Joseph Otiende to be buried on March 18
By Graham Kajilwa | March 11th 2017
The family of former Minister Joseph Otiende, who died on Wednesday, has set a tentative burial date for March 18. Otiende will be buried at his home in Kegoye village, Vihiga County.
A member of the family said formal meetings to make burial arrangements would begin at the United Kenya Club in Nairobi from 5pm.
A committee has also been formed in Kegoye and is working closely with the family on the burial arrangements.
Otiende was the first Education Cabinet Minister under founding President Jomo Kenyatta from 1963 to 1969. He also served as minister for Culture, Health and Housing. He died aged 100 at Avenue Hospital in Kisumu.?
How lost phone from a dying patient led kin to hospital, cemetery
- Bensouda: ‘Big man’ Ruto gave witnesses kickbacks
- I scored B+ thanks to a stranger I met on Facebook
- Kenya bans flights to and from Somalia
By Mwangi Maina
- KCSE: Kapsabet, Alliance, Kenya High top nationally as academic giants return
- Raila meets Orengo, Otiende to forestall rebellion in ODM