In Pictures: Mama Lucy Kibaki’s remains back home
By Irine Majale | May 1st 2016
The Kenya Airways plane bearing Mama Lucy Kibaki's remains touched down at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. Former president Mwai Kibaki was aboard the plane which touched down early Sunday morning. President Uhuru Kenyatta accompanied by the First Lady Margaret was at the airport to receive the remains.
The body of Former First Lady Lucy Kibaki is now lying in state at the Lee Funeral Home, President Uhuru Kenyatta has announced three days of mourning. Condolence books are available at Harambee House, Parliament, KICC, Holy Family Basilica, Consolata Shrine Westlands and all the 47 county headquarters.
Former First Lady Lucy Kibaki died on Tuesday in Bupa Hospital, London where she had been flown for further treatment.
Kiru School principal’s widow declared guilty of murder
- Family appeals for help for American man held in hospital over bill
- 16-year-old girl ends her life over boyfriend
- Editors rally for TV station after exposé
- Moni Wekesa: The academic giant in the hot CJ seat today
By Betty Njeru
- Why man’s CCTV evidence is useless in his divorce case