Jubilee MPs ask President Uhuru Kenyatta to sack Devolution CS Anne Waiguru
By Alphonce Shiundu | November 5th 2015
Kenya: Jubilee MPs have asked President Uhuru Kenyatta to sack Devolution Cabinet Secretary Anne Waiguru, Gatanga MP Humphrey Njuguna confirms.
He said he supports the initiative for the President to drop Waiguru from government over corruption allegations at the ministry.
Kigo Njenga (MP Gatundu North) also asked Waiguru to resign, but denied being part of a group of 17 MPs who have issued a 48-hour ultimatum for the President to dismiss the CS.
"I cannot give the President an ultimatum. But I am appealing to Waiguru to step aside the way... (former minister Amos) Kimunya did. If she is cleared, she will come back”, the MP said.
An anonymous message circulated on social media says 17 MPs have asked the President to fire Waiguru within the next 48 hours following the runaway corruption.
Mithika Linturi (Igembe South) said he supports the initiative to "tell the king that he is naked”.
Suspected motorbike thief stoned, set on fire
- Gatundu residents chase away dam workers
- Kileleshwa’s spiderman to spend seven days in custody
- Mwananchi Credit goes after Waititu's vehicles
- Sonko: Man who lived in a glass house and dared to throw stones
- KCSE candidate explodes with rage after ‘mwakenya’ snatched
By Fred Kibor