Polish president comes top in election first round: final results
By Reuters | June 30th 2020
Poland’s President Andrzej Duda got the most votes in the first round of the country’s presidential election, final results showed on Tuesday, as the focus turned to what looks set to be a close-fought run-off vote on July 12.
Duda, an ally of the ruling nationalist Law and Justice (PiS) party, got 43.50% of the vote, the results showed.
Liberal Warsaw Mayor Rafal Trzaskowski, who is standing for the largest opposition party, the centrist Civic Platform (PO), came second with 30.46%.
Photos: Doctors remove cystic growth from 68-year-old woman
- Tom Mboya: The grand wedding of a man 'Kenyans wanted to forget'
- Marriage not passport to property rights, Koome tells panel
- The tragedy of the Sonkonisation of our politics
- Uhuru, Raila flurry of meetings on 2022 succession politics
- Hunt for CJ: Law professor Patricia Kameri grilled on academic breach