Meru varsity seeks to replace the fired VC
By Darlington M Manyara
| April 14th 2018
The Meru University of Science and Technology is recruiting a new vice chancellor to replace the embattled Prof Japhet Magambo who was sent home last month.
In a statement issued by the university council and which the Saturday Standard has seen, the varsity is looking for a VC to fill the vacant office left by Prof Magambo who was sent on terminal leave by Education Cabinet Secretary Amina Mohammed following continued unrest at the institution.
“The position requires a self-driven, innovative and visionary leader with the capacity to build a dynamic working team,” read the statement in part.
Ward reps caution executive on fundsNyandarua County Assembly has asked the executive to ensure no development funds are returned to the County Revenue Fund.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
City official turns down plum job in DP Ruto’s UDA party
- Top KANU official tells off Atwoli over bid to join Azimio la Umoja
- 2,945 teaching positions advertised as TSC seeks to fill gaps left
- No more adjournment of cases set for hearing, Koome says
- Fight over First-Year JKUAT girl ends tragically
By Brian Okoth
- Juja woman who was killed, stashed in suitcase identified
By Fred Kagonye