UASU calls off lecturers strike
By Patel Okumu | March 13th 2017
Nairobi, Kenya: UASU has called off 54-day public universities lecturers’ strike after reaching a deal on new CBA, classes expected to resume on Tuesday.
The strike had paralysed learning in all public universities. In a statement UASU stated that following seven weeks of intensive talks, the union and university councils have signed the 2013-2017 collective bargain agreement.
The CBA give a 17 percent increase in basic salary and 3.9 percent increase in house allowance across the board except for Maasai Mara University.
The agreement for 2013-2017 quadrennial is effective from July 1, 2013.
Ruto backs bid to scrap degree rule for MCAs and MPs
- Why Kirubi couldn’t sell weaves, wigs
By Fred Kagonye
- 'My daughter wasn't late MCA's side-lover'
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth
- Knec gives new rules for exams as private schools reject move
- Senior police officer’s daughter crushed to death by two matatus