Wiper’s diaspora mourns Kalembe Ndile
By Standard Reporter | June 5th 2021
Members of Wiper Democratic Party in the United Kingdom have sent a message of condolences to the family and friends of the former member of Parliament Kalembe Ndile following his untimely death that occurred last week.
A statement signed by the Chairman Wiper UK Patrick Kiilu eulogised Kalembe as the man of the people, a true activist for the rights of the ordinary mwananchi and a fearless and devoted Wiper Party supporter.
Mr Kiilu said, “Hon Kalembe was ingeniously easy going with a rare talent of connecting with people from all walks of life. He will be greatly missed”.
The Wiper-UK Secretary General Thomas Musau said Kalembe’s demise was untimely and unfortunate.
“Kalembe was a key pillar of the emerging unity of the Kamba community and eastern bloc politics. The political equation has been done a big blow to the Wiper party and the region as whole,” he said.
Ndile, Former Kibwezi MP died at Nairobi Hospital after a long illness.
His younger brother Sam Ndile said the former vocal legislator was taken ill several nights before his death after complaining of stomach pains.
The brother confirmed that Ndile had been in and out of various hospitals for some time before his demise.
Kalembe’s burial will be held on Tuesday at his family home in Mbui Nzau, Kibwezi.
Nigerian sprinter Okagbare out of Tokyo Games after failing drugs test
- Olympics: All three Kenyans in men’s 800m are through to the semi-finals
- Kenya’s wait for 10,000m title continues as Barega strikes gold
- Agnes Tirop, Hellen Obiri, Lilian Kasait qualify for the women's 5,000m finals
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession