Machakos man who chopped his wife’s hands jailed for 30 years
By Japheth Makau | February 9th 2021
Stephen Ngila Nthenge, the man who chopped his wife’s hands in 2016, has been jailed for 30 years by a Machakos court.
Senior Resident Magistrate Brenda Bartoo convicted Ngila for attempted murder.
“I hereby sentence you for the offence of attempted murder for 30 years in prison, you have 14 days to appeal,” she ruled.
On the night of July 21, it was alleged that Ngila chopped off his wife’s hands.
The victim, Jacqueline Mwende Munyoki, has since welcomed the court's verdict saying justice had prevailed at last.
“Ngila thought he had killed me. I give thanks to the Almighty Lord as today I am alive,” said Mwende amidst tears.
“My husband’s action affected me. Though I have a new set of hands, at times they are painful”, she added.
Ngila’s family was unavailable for comment.
Man kills wife after allegedly catching her in bed with lover
- Midiwo was in Nairobi to celebrate his children's academic milestones
- Siaya politician Florence Aluodo dies
- Court punishes man who allowed 7-year-old son drive Prado TX
- Former Gem MP Jakoyo Midiwo dies at 54
- The Midiwo family loses 4 members in 2 weeks