Passenger dies in Mombasa-bound bus
| Mar 23rd 2020 | 1 min read
Authorities are investigating a case where a man coughed and died in Makueni County early today.
The man, believed to be about 30-years-old, was travelling from Nairobi to Mombasa.
According to the police report of the incident, seen by Standard Digital, the driver of the bus Charles Mburu told officers at Mtito Andei Police Station that the passenger, Fredrick Mwakima, started coughing when they arrived for a stopover at Taleh Hotel and died.
“Public health officers in Kibwezi sub-county are making arrangements to remove the body and fumigate the bus,” the police report read.
It is still unclear what caused the death.
Passengers and authorities alike were cautious as coughing is one of the symptoms of the highly-contagious coronavirus, hence the decision to fumigate the bus.
Covid 19 Time Series
Coronavirus: Uhuru approves wider internet coverage initiativeTelkom Kenya and Google Loon have been testing the service for the last two years.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Kimemia settles for engineer, Ruto picks 24-year-old woman
- What Ukambani Region stands to gain if Azimio wins August polls
- TIFA: Raila-Karua ticket more popular than Ruto-Rigathi pair
By David Njaaga
- Ukambani leaders fear Kalonzo exit may cost area Azimio goodies
- KANU reaffirms commitment to Azimio, to unite all member parties
- Siaya Gov. race: Charles Owino leaves Gumbo midway, returns to police service