Sad New Year for couple as son drowns
By Daniel Nzia | January 2nd 2016
A couple in Makueni crossed into the new year mourning after their son drowned in a dam in Machakos town. Martin Mutuku, 21, a diploma student at the Machakos University College, had gone to swim at Kwakaumbuthu Dam but never returned.
His father Nicholus Mutuku, who is an employee of the Machakos Level Five Hospital, said the son left home on Wednesday, leaving behind his two siblings. Mutuku and his wife Rebecca had to cut short their holiday following the tragedy. He said he had travelled to their rural home in Makueni with his wife and the children were to join them for the New Year festivities.
"I spoke to the children on Wednesday and they assured me they would leave for home on Thursday," said Mutuku. Police took the body to the Machakos Level Five Hospital mortuary.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession
- Why lawyer wants Uhuru jailed
- Uhuru's Sh1.4tr legacy projects to rejuvenate Coast economy