Gigiri police officer commits suicide while at work
By Winfrey Owino | June 8th 2021
Officers in Gigiri police station, Westlands sub-county, have launched investigations after a junior officer died by suicide while in the line of duty today afternoon.
Police reports indicate that Police Constable David Machwa Mbatia (No 233456) took his own life by shooting himself using an AK 47 Riffle.
According to the police reports obtained by The Standard, the deceased committed the act while on guard duties at the Amisom offices located behind the United States of America Embassy, four kilometres from the station.
Senior officers visited the scene and established that PC David Mbatia was deployed to his workstation together with a female officer at 8:00AM today.
According to his colleague, all was normal until afternoon.
His colleague said that she left PC Mbatia briefly at 2:20PM to go for lunch only to come back and find that he had shot himself in the mouth.
Investigations are still underway.
Day shop owner doubted Kirubi’s buying ability
By Brian Okoth
- Jakoyo’s Three Sweethearts: ‘You were reassuring, a charmer and real lover’
By Erick Abuga
- Thika Road horror: Wife recounts last moments with motorist killed in bullet spray
- Trouble in Uhuru's 'bedroom' as allies switch camps
- The 5 things Kirubi said I must enjoy in life: Igathe
By Brian Okoth
- Court of Appeal constitutes seven-judge bench for BBI appeal cases