Journalist attacked by a family while in the line of duty
By Winfrey Owino | May 16th 2021
Kiambu-based journalists were attacked by members of one family while in the line of duty in Gitaru village, Kabete, Kiambu county.
The members of the fourth estate were covering a five-storey building under construction that collapsed.
The journalists were acting on a tip-off from area residents who feared their lives were in danger.
However, they met angry family members who were ready to do anything to block them from airing the content.
Police have launched investigations into the matter after the journalists reported the incident.
Ruto backs bid to scrap degree rule for MCAs and MPs
- Why Kirubi couldn’t sell weaves, wigs
By Fred Kagonye
- 'My daughter wasn't late MCA's side-lover'
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth
- Knec gives new rules for exams as private schools reject move
- Senior police officer’s daughter crushed to death by two matatus