Suspected bank robbers plead for bail after one month in remand
By Michael Ollinga
| May 6th 2017
Two suspects facing five counts of robbery with violence have appealed to be granted bail.
Peter Wachira and Frankline Kanyaru implored on Chief Magistrate Charles Obulutsa saying they have been in custody for a month.
The two with others not before the court, are accused of attempted robbery on March 31.
They appeared before Justice Obulutsa on April 4 and pleaded not guilty to all the charges.
However, the Prosecution asked they be remanded until their accomplices are arrested.
Samburu county executives charged with abuse of officeAppearing before Maralal Principal Magistrate Richard Koech, Secretary Stephen Letinina and minister for Tourism Peter Leshakwet were charged that on November 1, 2014, they unlawfully awarded Africality Company a contract to manage Maralal Safari Lodge.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat