Move to ban plastic bags gets backing by NECC
By Titus Too
| March 17th 2017
The National Environmental Complaints Committee (NECC) has praised a move to ban the use of plastic bags in the country.
The environmental ombudsman whose role is to investigate public complaints on environmental issues said prohibiting the use of plastic bags in the next six months was a move in the right direction by the Government.
John Chumo, the NECC secretary, said yesterday the committee fully supported the new regulations.
Sorry you are not welcome: ANC tells Raila ahead of Mudavadi's big day
- Karen Nyamu: I have no apologies to make over my ‘chuma' remarks
- Kenyan politicians mere job seekers - Khaminwa
By Betty Njeru
- Businessman charged with air ticket fraud
- Bird flies 6,000km from Poland, dies in Nandi
By Edward Kosut
- Capital FM DJ dies after collapsing in office