Government to spend Sh300m in refurbishing three historic sites
By Maureen Odiwuor
| March 4th 2017
The Government will spend Sh300m in refurbishing three historic sites in Mombasa, Migori and Murang'a counties.
Culture and Sports CS Hassan Wario said yesterday that this is a part of the Government's initiative to document 100 monuments across the country as national heritage sites.
He said the ministry was already working on Thimlich Ohinga in Migori, Fort Jesus in Mombasa and Mukurwe wa Nyagathanga in Muranga. - Maureen Odiwuor
State set to distribute subsidised fertiliserAgriculture Cabinet Secretary Willy Bett said the supply is a 20 per cent increase from last year's fertiliser supply, where about 87,000 metric tonnes was distributed.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption