Two ODM MPs want voter listing period extended
By Standard Reporter
| January 22nd 2017
Two ODM MPs now want the Independent, Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to extend the period for voter registration by at least two months.
Kabondo Kasipul MP Silvance Osele and his Nyatike counterpart Omondi Anyanga (pictured) said because enough civic education was not conducted prior to the start of the mass registration drive meaning many people are not aware what is going on.
“The IEBC timeliness should be reviewed. Nothing is cast on stone,” Anyanga said. Osele said: “The process must be credible at all costs.” According to the IEBC, voter registration ends on February 15.
Doubt it no more, Fazul is Jubilee’s hatchet manMr Mohamed appears to be a character right out of North Korea, the hermit kingdom. He’s the dream automaton for the dictator.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Happy ending for brave Form Two student begging for school fees on city streets
- Governor Hillary Barchok taken to task over hiring staff from the same community
- Kenya Power board kicked out of House as key meeting aborts
- Governor Chepkwony now opposes James Finlay's move to sell flower farm
By Nikko Tanui
- Woman dies while reporting ‘stubborn’ daughter to police
By Brian Okoth
- Officer arrested over link to 2,040 bullets found in Embakasi car
By Jael Mboga