Doctors' Union officials sentenced to one-month suspended jail term
By Mercy Asamba
| January 12th 2017
Judge Hellen Wasilwa has sentenced doctors union to a one month suspended jail term. The union officials have been given two weeks to conclude negotiations and call off the strike.
The Judge however said that the Union officials are weak in leadership and are unable to make decisions to suspend the doctors’ strike after they adamantly refused to present their issues before the court.
Lady Justice Wasilwa dismissed claims by the union officials that the 2013 Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) was signed by the government.
The changing face of homeownersRose Obonyo is a 25-year-old suave urban dweller. As a communication specialist, she describes herself as organised, a go-getter who leaves nothing to chance in the course of her work.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Jimi Wanjigi says Raila Odinga's Sh6,000 monthly stipend is unrealistic
By Jane Mugambi
- New lobby, MPs join crusade to market Raila in Mt Kenya
By Allan Mungai
- Is DP Ruto an unassailable frontrunner or mere pacesetter?
By Oscar Obonyo
- Ruto or Raila? Kiunjuri’s gamble over 2022 candidate
- Murang’a leaders endorse Peter Kenneth to deputise Raila Odinga
- Relief as friends raise Sh16 million to pay Monari's bill