TaitaTaveta nominated MCA suspended for gross misconduct
By Renson Mnyamwezi | August 1st 2020
A nominated MCA who was de-whipped last week has suffered another big blow after the county assembly leadership suspended him for 28 days for gross disorderly conduct.
ODM ward rep Christopher Mwambingu will now miss out Sh84,000 sitting allowance among other committee allowances for the period he will be out in the cold.
Last week, the opposition MCA who is also a close ally of Governor Granton Samboja was ejected as the Public Accounts and Investment committee chairperson.
He successfully sought court orders barring Speaker Meshack Maganga from presiding over any house business until the matter is heard and determined.
But a Voi court later overturned the order. The dewhipped MCA ceased being a member of various committees like Youth and Sports among others.
Factbox: Coronavirus cases at the Tokyo Olympics
- 3,000m steeplechase duo of Chepkoech and Kiyeng duo chase elusive medal
- Cheruiyot is just happy to have finally raced at the biggest stage
- Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession