×
× Digital News Videos Weird News Health & Science Sunday Magazine Lifestyle Opinion Education Columns Moi Cabinets Arts & Culture Special Reports Fact Check E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Games Crosswords Sodoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×

Governor Samboja's government disputes rising cases of maternal deaths claims

By Renson Mnyamwezi | January 25th 2019 at 00:00:00 GMT +0300

The county government has denied claims that five expectant mothers have died at the Voi County Referral hospital this month due to negligence.

The alleged deaths have caused an outcry, with residents taking to social media to express their anger against the hospital's management.

However, Health Executive Frank Mwangemi and county government spokesman Dennis Onsarigo yesterday dismissed the claims, saying only one woman had died at the hospital in the recent past and that it was not because of negligence.

Tainting governor

Dr Mwangemi said the victim had been referred to the hospital by Buguta health centre in Kasigau. The claims that five women had died, he said, were misleading and were aimed at tainting Governor Granton Samboja's (above) image.

Read More

"The woman was brought in on Saturday night and died as she was being attended to.

“We are aware the death has caused public concern but it is important to state here that the medical personnel did everything they could to save her life," said Mwangemi.

Onsarigo said: "The death of the expectant woman is an isolated case. We quickly respond to emergencies. What is being reported in the social media is fictitious and misleading."


Read More

Feedback