Man injured after jumping off moving train in Maragua
| Dec 30th 2021 | 1 min read
A man is nursing serious injuries at Maragua District Hospital after jumping off a moving cargo train in Maragua.
The unidentified man allegedly got on the train at Githurai area in Nairobi as he could not afford fare to his native Murang’a County.
Fearing arrest at Kandundu Railway Station near Murang’a town for boarding the train illegally, the man allegedly jumped off at Mbombo area.
Confirming the incident, Maragua sub-county police commander Alexander Shikondi said the victim was rushed to the hospital and will record a statement once he recovers.
"We are yet to get information from the train crew as well as the station manager at Maragua," said Shikondi.
Gold diggers' dalliance with death dates back to 1930sRecords from the Kenya Mines Department in 1937 showed the country exported 69,447 ounces of gold valued at £338,000.
Women 'beasts of burden' as men carry only walking sticksA Turkana man is only allowed to carry a walking stick and a traditional stool while walking with his wife.
Asbel Kiprop denies sustaining head injuries in nightclub fight
- Two missing men found dead inside vehicle in Lucky Summer
By Mate Tongola
- Court says State acquired prime Eldoret land from owner legally
- US offers Sh233m bounty for two suspects wanted for drug, wildlife crimes
By Betty Njeru
- Disquiet in Kenya Kwanza over Rigathi Gachagua's 'careless' outbursts
- Wilson Airport airspace to be closed Saturday