Man injured after jumping off moving train in Maragua
| Dec 30th 2021 | 1 min read
A man is nursing serious injuries at Maragua District Hospital after jumping off a moving cargo train in Maragua.
The unidentified man allegedly got on the train at Githurai area in Nairobi as he could not afford fare to his native Murang’a County.
Fearing arrest at Kandundu Railway Station near Murang’a town for boarding the train illegally, the man allegedly jumped off at Mbombo area.
Confirming the incident, Maragua sub-county police commander Alexander Shikondi said the victim was rushed to the hospital and will record a statement once he recovers.
"We are yet to get information from the train crew as well as the station manager at Maragua," said Shikondi.
Gold diggers' dalliance with death dates back to 1930sRecords from the Kenya Mines Department in 1937 showed the country exported 69,447 ounces of gold valued at £338,000.
Women 'beasts of burden' as men carry only walking sticksA Turkana man is only allowed to carry a walking stick and a traditional stool while walking with his wife.
Man shot six times in broad daylight at Mirema, Kasarani identified
By Kamore Maina
- Why Raila campaign team owes no artist anything- MCSK boss
- Governor aspirants pick and drop running mates in surprise moves
- Djibouti team: Alliance key to tackle Lamu Port issues
- Ruto downplays Karua choice, says Azimio will mutilate law
- I'm taking a break from politics, Kithure Kindiki says after running mate loss