Tourism: 2019 Holiday Expo kicks off in Nairobi
By Frankline Sunday
| Mar 29th 2019 | 1 min read
More than 60 firms in Kenya’s tourism and hospitality sector are gathered at the Sarit Center for the 2019 Holidays Expo.
The four-day event which kicked off yesterday is aimed at promoting domestic tourism.
The sector last year grew by more than 30 per cent as tourist arrival numbers hit the two million mark.
This saw the sector earn Sh157 billion - surpassing tea exports that have traditionally registered the highest foreign exchange earnings.
In the past five years, more hotels have opened their doors to the public with a dozen others in several stages of completion.
Crisis as nearly half of NSSF staff to retire
- EPZA to establish special economic processing zone in Voi town
- Kenya, UK business lobby sign deal to fight corruption
- Jambojet CEO on how Covid saw airlines derisk business
- Auditors say regulation of Saccos has helped tame cyber crime
- NBK, Kodris Africa ink deal to ease payments