Uchumi Supermarkets announces closure Karatina branch
By Lee Mwiti | December 18th 2017
Hardly a week after receiving Sh700 million from the Government to restock its shelves, ailing retailer Uchumi has announced the closure of yet another branch.
Uchumi Supermarkets said on Sunday the landlord had declined to renew the lease of its Karatina branch, thereby prompting its closure.
“The management of Uchumi Supermarkets (Uchumi) regrets to notify our esteemed customers that our branch in Karatina will no longer be in operation effective immediately... we apologise to our customers for any inconvenience,” a notice read.
Workers tap Sh44b salary advances from Co-op Bank
- Nairobi: The city in water
By Peter Theuri
- Property boom as the Nairobi Expressway nears completion
- Business leaders seek closer Kenya-DRC trade ties
- KQ boss Allan Kilavuka: Pilots to wait longer for full salaries
- How to survive your first year in business