× Business BUSINESS MOTORING SHIPPING & LOGISTICS DR PESA FINANCIAL STANDARD Digital News Videos Health & Science Lifestyle Opinion Education Columnists Moi Cabinets Arts & Culture Fact Check Podcasts E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×

Cloud computing firm revives operation after outage

SCI & TECH
By Bernard Sanga | November 24th 2015

MOMBASA, KENYA: Local cloud computing firm, Angani, has said it has revived its operation following a system outage that affected hundreds of its clients.
On Wednesday, the Chief Executive Officer Riyaz Bachani said system outage that occurred on November 4 affected most of its operation but added that 95 percent of the operation had now been revived.
He said that the firm has also rebuilt its cloud platform with a standard back up service integrated into its services hosted separately from its core network, making it the first Public Cloud Service Operator to offer this in Africa to prevent such outages.
Hundreds of Angani clients who store data on their platform were affected but Riyaz said it took time to solve because the "cautions to preserve the customers data.'
"Customers Data was of outmost importance to us and that is why it took a long period because we had to make sure that the data is preserved. Angani team has been working tirelessly to get all systems back up and I am proud to say we are now at 95 percent up and will seek to close the remaining 5 percent within the next couple of days" said Bachani.
The services that are still affected by the outage include the shared hosting services and the Hosted Exchange services but we could establish whether by the time of going to press had been rectified.
Others firms who've hosted their services with Angani are PesaPal, PaySure, EACDirectory and EasyCoach among others.

Share this story
New car sales jump 15 percent in first 10 months
Sales of light commercial trucks helped push new vehicle sales in Kenya to 16,711 units in the first 10 months of 2015, 15 percent higher than in the same period last year, the head of the industry's association said on Tuesday.
Dog walking becomes the newest hustle in town
Dog walking is now a status symbol. Owning a pet is cool. I nowadays meet lots of Kenyans and foreigners walking their dogs and some running.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS
Feedback