East African Breweries sells glass subsidiary
SCI & TECH
By Reuters | October 1st 2015
East African Breweries Limited (EABL) said on Thursday it had concluded the sale of one its subsidiaries, Central Glass Industries, to South Africa's Consol Glass Africa Proprietary.
EABL, controlled by Britain's Diageo, said in April it planned to sell the bottle-making subsidiary subject to the approval of the regulator, the Competition Authority of Kenya, and its shareholders.
EABL did not disclose the sale price.
Where is my kidney?
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth
- Revealed: Raila's offer to DP Ruto
- Three-minute burial shocker in Turkana
By Mike Ekutan
- Kenei: Twists and turns of high-profile murder