KCB, Kabras drawn together for Kabeberi 7s
By Rodgers Eshitemi
| May 19th 2022 | 1 min read
National Sevens Circuit champions KCB are top seeds for this year’s season-opening tournament, the George Mwangi Kabeberi Memorial 7s at the RFUEA Ground this weekend (May 21-22).
The bankers are in group A alongside Kenya Cup champions and Kakamega duo of Masinde Muliro and Western Bulls.
Hosts and defending Kabeberi 7s champions Mwamba spearhead Group B which also features Nondescripts, Strathmore Leos and Mean Machine.
Homeboyz lead the pack in Group C where they will battle it out with Menengai Oilers, Kenya Harlequin and Blak Blad.
Group D comprises Topfry Nakuru, Impala Saracens, Northern Suburbs and Daystar Falcons.
The National Sevens Circuit is making a return after a two-year hiatus due to Covid-19 pandemic.
The tournament is played in honour of founding member George Mwangi Kabeberi who passed away in 1986.
The significance of the tournament has been expanded to honour Mwamba club members who have died in the years since, including Leeroy Okara, Absalom Mutere, Abedeen Shikoyi, Jimmy Owino and Victor Wayodi.
Are we seeing early indicators of a financial crisis?
- Safari Rally: Traders bag mixed fortunes as fans rev up sleepy lake town
- More hunger on the way as food inflation goes past 28-month high
- Why Kenya had borrow to repay a Sh17b Chinese loan
- More women now take up leadership positions in firms
- Top oil marketers tighten dominance in first 3 months