Primary school teacher shot dead by bandits in Kerio Valley
By Christopher Kipsang
| May 11th 2022 | 1 min read
A primary school teacher has been shot dead in Kerio Valley, Elgeyo Marakwet County.
Simon Kiprotich Cheserek was shot in the head, chest and legs by suspected bandits in Toroko area along Chesongoch-Tot Highway.
The Chesongoch Primary School teacher was attacked while on his way home moments after leaving work yesterday evening.
According to a resident, Yano Leljin, bandits ambushed the 57-year-old at around 5pm and then fled, leaving him for dead.
Cheserek died on arrival at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Eldoret.
Marakwet East Sub-County commissioner Simon Osumba said a group of armed bandits ambushed Cheserek while he was riding his Motorbike home to Kakibiyoswo village.
Cheserek lost control falling into a ditch as bandits sprayed him with bullets.
"Armed bandits were hiding in a thicket at Toroko area along Chesongoch-Tot highway where they shot Cheserek who was on his motorcycle,'' said Osumba.
Crisis as nearly half of NSSF staff to retire
- EPZA to establish special economic processing zone in Voi town
- Kenya, UK business lobby sign deal to fight corruption
- Jambojet CEO on how Covid saw airlines derisk business
- Auditors say regulation of Saccos has helped tame cyber crime
- NBK, Kodris Africa ink deal to ease payments