Golden Christmas with marigolds
By Standard Reporter | December 6th 2018
It is not too late to add flower colour in your garden.
Marigolds can give you what you need within tight timelines. They are quick to flower and easy to establish.
They are compact with bright yellow, orange or red-brown, velvety, pompom-like flowers.
Their finely divided, rich green foliage gives a feathery or fern-like effect. Get sizeable seedlings that have formed flower buds.
Avoid very young seedlings that will take another month to flower and older ones that are almost getting to the end of their flowering season.
Marigolds usually look best when grouped together in a spreading container.
City land owners to start paying higher rates in January
- Flagging shilling adds Sh1.1b to Safaricom’s debt servicing load
- Erastus Omolo appointed to Crowe Global Board of Directors
By Mike Kihaki
- Leader vs boss: Quick management tips for a winning team
By Tony Mutugi
- Moneycraft: Don’t borrow from yourself, it’s addictive
MONEY & MARKET
- KQ brands planes with wildlife images to support tourism
By Peter Theuri