Unilever global boss backs State effort to cut plastic waste
By Moses Omusolo | November 25th 2018
Unilever Global President and Chief Executive Paul Polman has expressed support for ongoing government efforts to eliminate plastic waste.
Mr Polman, who arrived in Kenya Saturday, promised to ensure that all his company’s plastic packaging is fully reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025.
“The scale of the plastic waste issue is getting worse... Soon, there will be more plastic than fish in the seas,” said Polman.
UK firm finalises acquisition of Kenyan insurer
- Bank profits surge to Sh60b in 4 months on economic rebound
- Firms to snub Kenya for not reducing emissions
- Tourist numbers edge up after record 2020 slump
- When boots and batons were met with twangs, cards and stethoscopes
By Peter Kimani
- Regent to manage Pangani low-cost housing project
By Peter Theuri