Zambia's copper mine suspends operations after restricted power supply
| Aug 14th 2017 | 1 min read
Glencore’s Zambian Mopani Copper Mines unit suspended operations in certain areas on Saturday after the Copper belt Energy Corporation restricted power supply to its sites in both the Kitwe and Mufulira regions.
“In the interest of safety, Mopani has with immediate effect suspended operations in certain areas, and all our miners who were underground at the time of restricting power supply, have successfully returned to the surface,” the copper producer said in a statement.
Kenya Kwanza queries state deal with foreign firm on three ports
- Ukraine war sees importers default on loan payments
- Comesa watchdog probes Toyota over trade practices
- HFC partners with Britam in new education insurance plan
- Poll body ordered to include running mates photos on ballot papers
- Investors take up 80pc of Konza city's phase one land for development