KRA destroys sh1 million sex toys and counterfeit goods
By Michael Ollinga | June 15th 2017
ELDORET, KENYA: The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) has destroyed illegally imported goods worth Sh1 million that had been seized at the Eldoret International Airport.
The goods, which included sex toys, toy guns, tobacco and seed products, were seized one year ago at the airport.
Speaking during the exercise at the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital, KRA Deputy Commissioner Florence Otwory, said goods such as toy guns could enhance criminal activities.
Prices of juices and water to increase on higher excise duty
- State woos firms to expand special economic zones
- Tullow increases Turkana oil field costs to Sh374b
- Address construction sector challenges, architects urge Nairobi county government
- Kenya at risk of defaulting on loans, warns Central Bank boss
- House hunting apps giving agents a run for their money