Germany, Kenya to ink mega deals
By Standard Reporter | July 10th 2014
Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich is expected to sign agreements on two development projects in the energy and water sector with Germany.
A 25 million Euro loan by the German Development Bank (KfW) to the Nairobi Water Distribution Project will provide water supply to under-served areas.
Germany will also support Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company with 2.3 million Euros. Germany through the Development Bank KfW will finance the drilling of 20 wells for the Bogoria-Silali geothermal electricity project at a cost of 80 million Euros to increase electricity.
Counties splashed Sh12.3b on travel during lockdown
- How to find the best work-life balance for self
- Opportunities galore for SMEs under key Africa trade deal
By Leah Nduati
- Insurers okay use of liquefied gas as alternative fuel for motorists
- Tourism industry upbeat ahead of Christmas peak
- Five steps to staff well-being when building a healthy workplace