Making a garden on the roof
HOME & AWAY
By H&A correspondent | September 19th 2019
A bold and simple design is always a winner.
Containers should be selected in line with desired look and feel.
Long lightweight containers are preferable as they put less strain on the roof’s structure and they distribute the weight more evenly.
Lightweight tiles of a restful colour or timber decking can also be considered for flooring.
Pull-out canvas awnings or a lightweight pergola can define the perfect outdoor living room and provide a much-needed respite from the hot sun.
Special care should be taken in order to select plants that will not only enhance your design concepts but also survive hot and windy conditions.
Many drought-tolerant plants will survive on the roof.
71-year-old man admits to raping woman
- 'Fake' engineer arraigned
By Brian Okoth
- Kenyans to pay more for cooking gas beginning July
- Three dead in brazen night shooting in Changamwe
- Senator Moi meets US Chief of Mission to Kenya
- Minor dies after being hit over Sh10
By Anne Atieno