AccessKenya expands its wireless to rural zones
AccessKenya has announced an expansion of its wireless network to Nyeri and Nanyuki and said it plans to increase network coverage to cover major towns across the country.
The two towns and their environs will be covered under the firm’s Wimax network. "This is in line with our strategy of extending network presence to all major towns in the country," said Jonathan Somen, the firm’s Managing Director, adding: "The roll out to the two towns will cater for the increasing demand from existing clients and the potential the company has identified in the region to attract new clients." Mr Somen said the firm had dedicated more than 150 Mega bytes of bandwidth for the region. The firm recently extended the network to Nakuru, Eldoret and Kisumu "to meet the growing demand for ICT services."
Keroche woes: Tabitha Karanja failed to file tax returns for eight years, KRA states
- Kenya tops in enlisting more women in the maritime sector
- Battle for control of South Sudan cargo at Port of Mombasa rages
By Patrick Beja
- Maria Bianchi splashes to victory at national gala
- Why Nakuru is most preferred trade hub
- At least 17 bodies found in South African night club