New developer to build 1,200 units in Tatu City
By Patrick Alushula | May 18th 2016
Tatu City has announced plans to construct 1,200 new units that are expected to accommodate about 4,500 residents. It was revealed yesterday that 30 acres would be developed by Lifestyle Properties beginning November 2016. The mixed-use urban development sits on 2,500 acres in total.
According to Lifestyle Properties Director Peter Karoki, the project is expected to ease demand for houses and will be priced from Sh6 million. “This development will cater for a broad, under-served spectrum of the market that requires good quality homes at an affordable price,” said Karoki.
Lifestyle Properties has been developing houses especially for the middle-class including Lifestyle Gardens in Syokimau, which boasts of a 70-unit estate of four-bedroom houses.
The city’s owners had set aside 256 acres for residential houses and that is expected to house about 100,000 residents once it is fully developed. According to the management, the first residential phase, Kijani Ridge, is 65 per cent sold.
The sins of power producer
- Fuliza defaulters to have KCB, M-shwari accounts blocked as Safaricom tightens rules
- Hope for cheaper cooking gas in sight as State eyes loading plant
- Senegal and Mali beat Kenya in internet speed
- What happens to Kenyan sailors in Chinese ships
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- Death of handmade toys holds back our innovation
By XN Iraki