Millions lost in Ngara market fire
By Cyrus Ombati | December 21st 2014
NAIROBI, KENYA: Property worth millions of shillings was destroyed Sunday morning after fire destroyed a section of Ngara Market in Nairobi.
Police say they are yet to know the cause of the fire that started from one of the affected structures before spreading to others at about 5am.
Efforts to stop the fire were futile after it emerged there were no wider roads to accommodate the fire engines to the site.
This led to more destruction of property. Most of the affected structures are those selling second hand clothes and shoes.
Nairobi police boss Benson Kibue said no one was injured in the incident but property was destroyed.
The suitor who wants to build an airport at Mumias Sugar
- CS Mucheru urges public institutions to embrace digitisation to boost service delivery
- Local tourism boosts airlines amid Covid-19 travel hiccups
- Kenya needs policies that boost value-addition in manufacturing
By Rajul Malde
- Pangani affordable housing project to be ready next year
- Is cash in the bank a wise retirement plan?