Madaraka Express offers stimulus tariff
By Peter Theuri | June 29th 2020
Customers using the Madaraka Express Freight Service from Mombasa to Naivasha will enjoy a stimulus tariff for the next 90 days.
The offer is to cushion them from the ravages of Covid-19.
“We have introduced a subsidised tariff which will be in place for the next three months to help cushion the burden of the customers due to the current economic situation. The subsidised tariff will be in place for 90 days,” said Kenya Railways Managing Director Philip Mainga.
Mr. Mainga also said that in the past few weeks, a steady increase in cargo uptake by the Madaraka Express Freight Service has been witnessed as there was increased uptake of customers transporting their cargo via the railway line.
It takes 10 hours to transport cargo between Mombasa and Naivasha via the service.
Ruto allies dismiss BBI as MPs take a vote on the Bill
- Justice Ouko village known for breeding top legal minds
- How Uhuru, Raila clipped BBI attack
- National Assembly passes BBI bill
By Jael Mboga
- SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai
- Stop speculating on when KCSE results should be out: Magoha
By Brian Okoth