First CBC classroom complete
Education
By
Phares Mutembei
| Jan 22, 2022
CS George Magoha speaks to the press at Nyawara Girls High School, Gem, Siaya County, after inspecting a CBC classroom. [Courtesy]
The Ministry of Education on Friday opened the first completed Competency-Based Curriculum classroom in Eastern region in Meru County.
Ministry's officer in charge of Human Resource Paul Kagira, who was representing Cabinet Secretary George Magoha, opened the classroom at Ruiga Girls High School in Central Imenti Sub-county.
Accompanied by area MP Kirima Nguchine, Mr Kagira inspected ongoing construction of classrooms, with 35 of them at roofing stage.
"Meru County is ahead of other counties. We are very proud of the school management and contractors for the work," he said.
READ MORE
Win for Ruto as High Court okays privatisation of Kenya Pipeline Company
Privatisation Act 2025 is constitutional, High Court rules
Inside Nanyuki's rise as Mt Kenya's property magnet
Towers: The new kings of Nairobi's skyline
Why Sacco members are shunning guarantors for property as collateral
Tapping indigenous engineering knowledge and architecture
Banks target Kenya's Sh1 trillion SACCO sector as regulation tightens
Indian envoy tours Coast SEZs amid increased investment
From SGR operations to dollar deals: Inside Kenya Railways audit queries
Kenyans will get raw deal from Safaricom shares sale, Nyoro says
Kagira said outstanding dues for the contractors were ready at the National Treasury.
Meru County had been allocated 388 CBC classrooms.
He also applauded the Central Imenti National Government-Constituency Development Fund for funding the construction of new classrooms.
Nguchine said the new CBC classrooms and the ones his NG-CDF had funded will improve education standards in the region.
"We are very happy with the efforts being made to put up the infrastructure," said Nguchine.