Scangroup rebrands to WPP Scangroup
By Standard Reporter and Reuters | June 18th 2015
Listed marketing services group, Scangroup Limited, has changed its name to WPP Scangroup Limited to reflect its majority shareholder.
WPP, the largest advertising company in the world, owns 50.1 per cent stake in Scangroup. Announcing the change of name, the chief executive of WPP Scangroup, Bharat Thakrar, said the change of name signifies that WPP Scangroup and WPP plc are now fully together.
“The synergy from the coming together of these two firms will transform the future of marketing communications across the continent. This is aptly captured by the famous African proverb that says: ‘If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together,’” Mr Thakrar said.
Photos: Doctors remove cystic growth from 68-year-old woman
- Tom Mboya: The grand wedding of a man 'Kenyans wanted to forget'
- Marriage not passport to property rights, Koome tells panel
- The tragedy of the Sonkonisation of our politics
- Uhuru, Raila flurry of meetings on 2022 succession politics
- Hunt for CJ: Law professor Patricia Kameri grilled on academic breach