Tension high as two groups clash
Tension is high at in Lwandayi village at the border of Mt Elgon and Bungoma following clashes that erupted between two communities.
Trouble began on Friday when a man was killed as he was going to Lwandayi market.
Villagers said the deceased was on his way to the market when a man attacked him, hitting him with a club before he died.
The killing prompted members of the deceased’s community to make a retaliatory attack, burning four houses, and injuring three men.
Police moved in yesterday as tension intensified and arrested one person before calm was restored.
Law raises storm over Kibaki, Raila and Kalonzo positionsInterpretation and implementation of the new Constitution is the next challenge after promulgation, and a provision banning public officers from holding political party offices is already causing divisions.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Male student, 17, dies in girls’ secondary school dormitory
- Boniface Mwangi house destruction: What we know so far
- Police clarification on bar operating hours after Uhuru lifts curfew
- Nairobi marabou storks lose their home to Expressway
- Postmortem examination performed on Masten Wanjala’s body
By Micah Sali
- DP William Ruto on a charm offensive in Western