× Digital News Videos Health & Science Opinion Education Columnists Lifestyle Cartoons Moi Cabinets Kibaki Cabinets Arts & Culture Podcasts E-Paper Tributes Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
×

Dr Alfred Mutua’s statement

BUSIA
By | March 7th 2009

The Government had received a report that the proscribed Mungiki sect was planning to hold demonstrations and to paralyse public transport on Thursday to acknowledge support from the United Nations Rapporteur, Kenya National Commission for Human Rights, activists and some politicians.

This illegal demonstration was meant to cause mayhem planned by the Mungiki, NGOs and The Oscar Foundation.

The Government assured wananchi that all security measures had been put in place to ensure they were not harassed and or their daily lives disrupted.

Share this story
Ali says activists may have been killed by gang
The suspects in the rights activists killing had trailed the two for a while, Police Commissioner Maj-Gen Hussein Ali has said.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once again
The BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...

.
RECOMMENDED NEWS

Feedback