More than half a century on, the poor Kenyan is on his own
Kenya celebrates the golden jubilee in just about a fortnight. And I’m told there are elaborate plans to relive the ecstatic mood of 1963 when the Union Jack was lowered and the Kenyan flag hoisted.
By By Henry Munene | 7 years ago
In our quest to sound cool, we have failed our children
When the Scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught committing adultery to Jesus Christ, He dared any of them who had committed no sin to cast the first stone.
By Henry Munene | 8 years ago
On graft, look at the mirror, then overhaul our character
Long ago when animals could talk, hyena’s bad manners distinguished it as the symbol of laziness, greed and foolishness. Hyena could escort you home, all the time keeping to the bushes and drooling in the vain hope that your hand - judging by the way it swung back and forth - would finally fall off and afford it some sumptuous supper.
By Henry Munene | 7 years ago
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession
- Why lawyer wants Uhuru jailed
- Uhuru's Sh1.4tr legacy projects to rejuvenate Coast economy