U.S., allies target Islamic State with 21 strikes in Iraq, Syria
| April 14th 2016
The U.S.-led coalition staged 21 strikes on Wednesday against the Islamic State militant group, according to the coalition leading the operations in Iraq and Syria.
In a statement released on Thursday, the Combined Joint Task Force said it conducted 17 strikes near seven Iraqi cities, including Hit, Mosul and Sinjar. Altogether, the strikes hit nine tactical units as well as a headquarters and a financial headquarters used by the militants, among other targets.
In Syria, four strikes near Ar Raqqah and Mar'a hit an Islamic State tactical unit, a fighting position and an oil pump jack. Two strikes near Al Hawl had "inconclusive results," the task force said.
Report: 650,000 illegal firearms in circulation in KenyaThere are more than 600,000 illicit arms circulating in Kenya, the Government has said. The arms are particularly among the pastoralist communities in North Rift, North Eastern and Upper Eastern.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kenyans react after Arimis ‘new design’ goes viral
By Betty Njeru
- 7 ways to avoid a ‘Baba Gloria’ moment on WhatsApp
- 'Sudi’s KIM diploma has Adm. No. of Scholastica Achieng and Serial No. of Elkana Kimutai'
By Paul Ogemba
- I don't mind competition, Ngirici reacts to Waiguru's defection
- Kakamega bishop gifted car by DP Ruto in September dies
- Nakuru mother seeks help after school bins son’s ‘unhealthy’ lunch box
By Daniel Chege